Today's letter from the Editor
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 15 February 2014
De Beers looks set to sparkle
De Beers, the diamond group 85 per cent owned by Anglo American, said that prices are set to rise. According to De Beers’ index, prices have gained 2 per cent since the start of the year. Underlying profits in 2013 were up more than a third.
Sterling at a five-year high
Sterling rose to its highest level in more than five years against a basket of currencies yesterday as investors predicted the Bank of England could be the first major central bank to lift interest rates. Against the dollar the pound hit $1.6744.
Japanese snap up Viber for $900m
The Japanese online retailer Rakuten has paid $900m (£540m) for Viber. The messaging app which has 300 million registered users, lets smartphone users make free calls and send messages over the internet.
Game of two halves for Arsenal
Arsenal posted a £2.2m loss for the six months to the end of November, down from a £17.8m profit a year ago, as the profits made from trading players slumped. Its turnover from football, however, rose from £106m to £136m.
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night