Today's letter from the Editor
£330 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Lond...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Reading: Maths Teacher required to teach Furthe...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Primary teachers requ...
£18000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and growing IT Consultancy fir...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 15 March 2014
Builders ride the January storms
Builders weathered the wettest January in 250 years, construction growing 1.8 per cent in the month. But the UK's goods trade gap with the rest of the world opened more than expected to £9.8 billion from £7.7 billion in December.
Ruia brothers make Essar move
The billionaire Ruia brothers tabled a formal 70p a share offer for the 22 per cent of Essar Energy they don't already own yesterday, minutes before a Takeover Panel deadline expired at 5pm. Essar shares ended unchanged at 66.55p.
UBS censured over Hibor rates
Hong Kong has censured UBS for trying to manipulate its benchmark interbank lending rate, Hibor. It also emerged yesterday that the Swiss bank boosted its chief executive's pay package by 21 per cent in 2013 to Sfr10.7 million (£7.4 million).
Corbett takes the helm at Numis
The former Railtrack chief executive and Woolworths chairman Gerald Corbett is to take over the chair at the stockbroker and investment bank Numis. Mr Corbett, 62, will succeed Sir David Arculus at the annual meeting in May.
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'