Today's letter from the Editor
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Uncapped commission: SThree: Does earning a 6 figu...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A challenging opportunity for a...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 18 January 2014
Regulator picks RBS investigators
The Financial Conduct Authority has appointed the consultancy Promontory Financial and accountant Mazars to report on Royal Bank of Scotland's alleged mis-treatment of business borrowers following a scathing report from the entrepreneur Lawrence Tomlinson.
French in running for East Coast line
The French state transport group Keolis/Eurostar is one of three shortlisted bidders for the reprivatisation of the East Coast rail franchise. The London-to-Edinburgh route has been in public ownership since National Express handed it back to the Government just over four years ago.
City derides EE owners over float
City analysts accused Orange and T-Mobile of "dithering" after they axed plans for a £10bn flotation of EE. The joint owners of Britain's biggest mobile phone group have been looking at an IPO for a year but have now postponed it after poor feedback from bankers.
TSB boss praises Labour proposal
The boss of the new TSB bank, a former executive at Lloyds, applauded Labour proposals for new "challenger banks". Paul Pester demanded "consistent, determined effort from the competition authorities, politicians and banks" to encourage competition.
- 1 Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with 'topics' as country reforms its education system
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 4 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
- 5 Zayn Malik quits One Direction: Hundreds of workers request compassionate leave following band member's exit