Today's letter from the Editor
£38000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's best performing...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our award-winning client is one...
£15000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Atlas ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity to join established...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 18 January 2014
Regulator picks RBS investigators
The Financial Conduct Authority has appointed the consultancy Promontory Financial and accountant Mazars to report on Royal Bank of Scotland's alleged mis-treatment of business borrowers following a scathing report from the entrepreneur Lawrence Tomlinson.
French in running for East Coast line
The French state transport group Keolis/Eurostar is one of three shortlisted bidders for the reprivatisation of the East Coast rail franchise. The London-to-Edinburgh route has been in public ownership since National Express handed it back to the Government just over four years ago.
City derides EE owners over float
City analysts accused Orange and T-Mobile of "dithering" after they axed plans for a £10bn flotation of EE. The joint owners of Britain's biggest mobile phone group have been looking at an IPO for a year but have now postponed it after poor feedback from bankers.
TSB boss praises Labour proposal
The boss of the new TSB bank, a former executive at Lloyds, applauded Labour proposals for new "challenger banks". Paul Pester demanded "consistent, determined effort from the competition authorities, politicians and banks" to encourage competition.
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'