Today's letter from the Editor
£27000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client who are...
£18000 - £25000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Computer Futures are currently...
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Sales - Trainee Recruitment Co...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Progressive Recruitment are cu...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 19 April 2014
Celebrations for John Lewis 150th
Department store John Lewis is celebrating its 150th anniversary with a series of events across its 41 UK shops. They include an invite to shoppers to its Oxford Street roof garden and an interactive exhibition detailing its growth from the opening of a draper’s shop in May 1864.
Diplomacy leads to shares bump
Shares in Russia recorded the biggest rise in three weeks after the United States, Russia, Ukraine and the EU all agreed measures to defuse the crisis in Ukraine, following extended talks in Geneva. Moscow’s Micex index rose 2.1 per cent and the Ukrainian equities index ticked up 0.5 per cent.
Italy pushes ECB over low inflation
Italy’s central bank yesterday warned it was “essential” the European Central Bank ensures that inflation does not remain too low for too long in the region, where it fell to 0.5 per cent in March. “It remains essential to counter an excessive fall in inflation in the eurozone,” the Bank of Italy said.
Monte Paschi to repay state aid
The world’s oldest bank, Italy’s Monte Paschi, hopes to raise €5bn(£4.1bn) from investors to repay state aid after a bailout last year. The country’s third- biggest bank, mired in legal probes over alleged misconduct by former managers, is cutting jobs and selling assets to return to profit by next year.
- 1 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'