Today's letter from the Editor
£25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful and well established busi...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Product Owner/Business Analyst is required t...
£28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is going through a period o...
£14000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity to join a thrivi...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 21 June 2014
Royal Mail seeks Ofcom review
Royal Mail has made a formal application to its regulator Ofcom for an immediate review of direct deliveries in this country. Royal Mail warned that TNT Post’s plans for the UK could mean it loses £200m of revenues by 2017-18.
Borrowing rises despite growth
The recovery is yet to feed into improving public finances as borrowing remained worryingly high in May, official figures showed yesterday. Public borrowing of £13.3bn over the month was £4.6bn higher than a year earlier.
Espirito Santo dynasty ends
The family that has run Espirito Santo for 94 years has lost overall control of Portugal’s largest bank. Its chief executive, Ricardo Salgado, the founder’s grandson, stood down after an £800m rights issue cut his family’s stake to 46 per cent.
UBS boss charged with tax fraud
A Belgian judge has charged the head of UBS Belgium with involvement in an alleged multi-billion euro tax fraud by the Swiss bank’s Belgian unit. Marcel Bruehwiler denied all charges, which include organised crime and fiscal fraud.
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2