Today's letter from the Editor
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Senior Digital Marketing Cons...
£16640 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Assistant Stores Keeper is r...
£16000 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an excellent opportunit...
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Developer required to join a bu...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 21 June 2014
Royal Mail seeks Ofcom review
Royal Mail has made a formal application to its regulator Ofcom for an immediate review of direct deliveries in this country. Royal Mail warned that TNT Post’s plans for the UK could mean it loses £200m of revenues by 2017-18.
Borrowing rises despite growth
The recovery is yet to feed into improving public finances as borrowing remained worryingly high in May, official figures showed yesterday. Public borrowing of £13.3bn over the month was £4.6bn higher than a year earlier.
Espirito Santo dynasty ends
The family that has run Espirito Santo for 94 years has lost overall control of Portugal’s largest bank. Its chief executive, Ricardo Salgado, the founder’s grandson, stood down after an £800m rights issue cut his family’s stake to 46 per cent.
UBS boss charged with tax fraud
A Belgian judge has charged the head of UBS Belgium with involvement in an alleged multi-billion euro tax fraud by the Swiss bank’s Belgian unit. Marcel Bruehwiler denied all charges, which include organised crime and fiscal fraud.
- 1 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 4 The top 50 cities for young people to live in
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want