Today's letter from the Editor
£14500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Ca...
£14560 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company offers unique pers...
£6 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join a gro...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Service Delivery Manager is required to join...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 21 September 2013
Public offering for iconic skyscraper
The family which owns the Empire State Building has confirmed plans to float the skyscraper, along with 18 other properties in New York. Empire State Realty Trust is aiming to raise $1bn (£624m) from a listing in New York.
Osborne saves on borrowing
The Chancellor is on course to undershoot his £120bn borrowing target by more than £10bn this year as government departments got a grip on spending last month. August’s net borrowing of £13.2bn was £1.3bn below a year earlier.
£8.9m in shares for Trade minister
The new Trade minister, Lord Livingston, has walked away from his old employer BT with 2.6 million shares worth £8.9m. The telecoms giant said it “felt it was appropriate” given the major contribution he has made to BT’s turnaround.
Sharma takes consulting post
The City’s new financial watchdog has lost its second-in-command after the deputy chief executive of the Prudential Regulation Authority, Paul Sharma, quit for a senior role at the consulting firm Alvarez & Marsal.
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Yorkshire man to win £10,000 off a £1 bet placed six years ago if Dan Jarvis becomes Labour Party leader
- 3 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 4 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 5 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew