Today's letter from the Editor
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 24 August 2013
Abramovich in lorry fuel deal
Chelsea FC’s owner Roman Abramovich and Zara Schvidler, the wife of his friend and fellow oligarch Eugene Shvidler, backed a £5m share placing by Clean Air Power, which develops technology allowing diesel lorries to switch to and from natural gas.
Farmland heads for £10k an acre
The price of farmland has more than trebled in nine years and could push through the £10,000 an acre mark within a couple of years according to the surveyors professional body Rics. It said prices jumped to £7,440 an acre in the first half of this year.
Sweet project for housebuilder Boot
The housebuilder Henry Boot has moved onto the former Terry’s Chocolate factory in York to start work on a £75m scheme to build up to 400 homes and a business park. Boot bought the factory site and immediately sold on 13 acres with planning permission to rival Barratt.
Co-op to launch groceries online
The Co-operative is to launch groceries online in a belated bid to grab a slice of the fast-growing £6.1bn market dominated by Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Ocado. The UK’s fifth-biggest supermarket chain is to introduce four trials before Christmas.
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it