Today's letter from the Editor
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 24 August 2013
Abramovich in lorry fuel deal
Chelsea FC’s owner Roman Abramovich and Zara Schvidler, the wife of his friend and fellow oligarch Eugene Shvidler, backed a £5m share placing by Clean Air Power, which develops technology allowing diesel lorries to switch to and from natural gas.
Farmland heads for £10k an acre
The price of farmland has more than trebled in nine years and could push through the £10,000 an acre mark within a couple of years according to the surveyors professional body Rics. It said prices jumped to £7,440 an acre in the first half of this year.
Sweet project for housebuilder Boot
The housebuilder Henry Boot has moved onto the former Terry’s Chocolate factory in York to start work on a £75m scheme to build up to 400 homes and a business park. Boot bought the factory site and immediately sold on 13 acres with planning permission to rival Barratt.
Co-op to launch groceries online
The Co-operative is to launch groceries online in a belated bid to grab a slice of the fast-growing £6.1bn market dominated by Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Ocado. The UK’s fifth-biggest supermarket chain is to introduce four trials before Christmas.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail