Today's letter from the Editor
£16000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to continued expansion, an ...
£65000 - £70000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A long-established, tech...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Experienced Software Dev...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 25 January 2014
Charles Stanley hits £20bn on books
The wealth management group Charles Stanley said its funds under management had risen to a record £20.1bn in the last quarter of 2013,, up 13.4 per cent year on year over the first nine months of its year. Overall revenues rose 18 per cent.
Future looks ahead with agency stake
The publishing group Future has bought a 35 per cent stake in social media agency Handpicked Media, which represents over 500 independent websites and blogs. The tie-up will give Future access to Handpicked's portfolio.
Butter causes slide in Finsbury sales
Finsbury Food reported a 2.1 per cent fall in half-year sales at its UK bakery business after the cost of key ingredients, such as butter and chocolate, kept pressure on profits.
Samsung profits fall after two-year boom
Samsung has seen its first fall in quarterly profits in more than two years, to 7.30trn South Korean won (£4bn), fuelling fears that smartphones sales will decline.
No fun at Hornby as it issues warning
Hornby has issued the latest in a line of profit warnings as problems with its biggest Far East supplier continue. The model-maker said it will make a £1m loss next year.
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'