Today's letter from the Editor
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 25 January 2014
Charles Stanley hits £20bn on books
The wealth management group Charles Stanley said its funds under management had risen to a record £20.1bn in the last quarter of 2013,, up 13.4 per cent year on year over the first nine months of its year. Overall revenues rose 18 per cent.
Future looks ahead with agency stake
The publishing group Future has bought a 35 per cent stake in social media agency Handpicked Media, which represents over 500 independent websites and blogs. The tie-up will give Future access to Handpicked's portfolio.
Butter causes slide in Finsbury sales
Finsbury Food reported a 2.1 per cent fall in half-year sales at its UK bakery business after the cost of key ingredients, such as butter and chocolate, kept pressure on profits.
Samsung profits fall after two-year boom
Samsung has seen its first fall in quarterly profits in more than two years, to 7.30trn South Korean won (£4bn), fuelling fears that smartphones sales will decline.
No fun at Hornby as it issues warning
Hornby has issued the latest in a line of profit warnings as problems with its biggest Far East supplier continue. The model-maker said it will make a £1m loss next year.
- 1 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 2 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 3 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 4 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 5 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage