Today's letter from the Editor
£125 - £150 per day + Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: A 'wonderful primary ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Our client is an 11-16 mixed commun...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly developing company in...
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Application Architect/Developer - Peterborough, Cam...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 25 January 2014
Charles Stanley hits £20bn on books
The wealth management group Charles Stanley said its funds under management had risen to a record £20.1bn in the last quarter of 2013,, up 13.4 per cent year on year over the first nine months of its year. Overall revenues rose 18 per cent.
Future looks ahead with agency stake
The publishing group Future has bought a 35 per cent stake in social media agency Handpicked Media, which represents over 500 independent websites and blogs. The tie-up will give Future access to Handpicked's portfolio.
Butter causes slide in Finsbury sales
Finsbury Food reported a 2.1 per cent fall in half-year sales at its UK bakery business after the cost of key ingredients, such as butter and chocolate, kept pressure on profits.
Samsung profits fall after two-year boom
Samsung has seen its first fall in quarterly profits in more than two years, to 7.30trn South Korean won (£4bn), fuelling fears that smartphones sales will decline.
No fun at Hornby as it issues warning
Hornby has issued the latest in a line of profit warnings as problems with its biggest Far East supplier continue. The model-maker said it will make a £1m loss next year.
- 1 Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
- 2 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 3 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 4 Christian blogger says she will not wear leggings in public because they entice men and cause them to look at her 'lustfully'
- 5 Thank heavens for Louise Mensch and her foul-mouthed tweets to world leaders