Today's letter from the Editor
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: To support their continued grow...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are the go-to company for ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join the UK's leadin...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This caravan dealership are currently recruiti...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 28 June 2014
BP signs five-year deal with Rosneft
BP has signed its second big supply deal with the Russian oil group Rosneft since sanctions were imposed on its chief executive, Igor Sechin, over the Ukraine crisis. The five-year contract will supply the British oil and gas giant with up to 12 million tonnes of oil products.
Business picks up in first quarter
Business investment picked up in the first quarter of the year, accounting for half of the economy’s growth. The ONS reported that investment by firms jumped by 5 per cent in the first quarter, up from its previous estimate of a 2.7 per cent expansion and the quickest rate recorded since early 2012.
Big Four take out anti-campaign ads
The Big Four accountants have taken out adverts in Hong Kong newspapers urging democracy campaigners to abandon protests. Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, and KPMG told protesters not to demonstrate against Beijing’s edicts.
TalkTalk, EE and BT top complaints
EE, BT and TalkTalk have topped the regulator’s quarterly complaints survey. EE, owner of T-Mobile and Orange, were the most complained about broadband provider and for mobile, BT was most complained about for pay TV, while TalkTalk was worst for landlines.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly