Today's letter from the Editor
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£17000 - £20000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Business Analyst, London, Banking, Credit Ris...
£32000 - £38000 Per Annum Bonus, Life Insurance + Other Benefits: Clearwater P...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 28 September 2013
Investors attack at Yellow Pages
The board of the collapsed Yellow Pages publisher hibu is facing a showdown with angry shareholders who say they are "days away" from forcing a meeting to oppose a "vulture fund" takeover.
Dixons: we'll stick to the high street
Dixons, bloodied from its troubled foray in online-only retailing through Pixmania, has pledged to stick to high street retailing in future. CEO Sebastian James said: "We'll stick to what we know."
Carney comments boost the pound
The Bank of England governor Mark Carney gave the pound a leg up with his most explicit rejection yet of the need to print more money, citing signs of life in the economy.
Geeks needed for City banks
London's banking district is hiring IT workers hand over fist to help in fighting fraud, the recruitment firm Harvey Nash says. Financial services revenues at Nash leapt in the first half.
Profits collared at shirtmaker
The luxury shirtmaker Hawes & Curtis, once a favourite of King Edward VIII, has revealed that profits fell nearly £100,000 last year to £870,000 as it invested in its online operation. It expects improved profits this year.
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''