Today's letter from the Editor
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Domestic Service Only Engineers are requ...
£23600 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Employability Service withi...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 3 August 2013
Ocado co-founder sells £3.3m shares
Ocado co-founder Jason Gissing has cashed in £3.3m of the online grocer’s shares – his first sale since the company floated at 180p a share three years ago. Mr Gissing, like his two co-founders ex-Goldman Sachs, sold just over one million shares at 310.6p each. He and his family still have nearly 18 million shares.
Inmarsat hit by US defence cuts
Inmarsat, the satellite telecoms group, felt the impact of US defence spending cuts as half yearly profits fell 17 per cent to $185.5m. But it saw growth in the take up of its FleetBroadband terminals, where soldiers in war zones and sailors on ships send emails and go online.
BA owner flying into the black
IAG, the owner of British Airways and Iberia, returned to the black after efforts of restructuing the Spanish carrier paid off. The airlines group swung to an operating profit of €245m in the three months to July.
Direct Line profits nearly double
Cost cuts and fewer weather-related claims from customers helped Direct Line all but double profits during the first half of the year. The company, spun out of RBS last year, posted profits of £209m,up for £107m.
- 1 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 2 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'