Today's letter from the Editor
£45000 - £69999 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Algo-Develo...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 30 November 2013
Pearson to sell Mergermarket
Textbooks publisher and media group Pearson has agreed the sale of Mergermarket to funds advised by BC Partners in a £382m deal including debt. Mergermarket provides financial news, intelligence and analysis to a range of firms.
Thames defers tax as it invests £10bn
Thames Water is expecting to defer corporation tax for the next decade as it looks to invest £1bn a year on updating its pipes and sewerage system. The UK’s biggest water company saw half-yearly profits rise 19 per cent to £134m.
Netherlands loses triple-A rating
A downbeat view on the Netherlands’ growth prospects has prompted Standard & Poor’s to downgrade its credit rating from a top triple-A score to AA-plus.
Blackwell poised to take chair at Lloyds
Lord Blackwell, a former Downing Street adviser to John Major and Margaret Thatcher, is set to become the next chairman of state-backed Lloyds Banking Group.
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades