Today's letter from the Editor
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 30 November 2013
Pearson to sell Mergermarket
Textbooks publisher and media group Pearson has agreed the sale of Mergermarket to funds advised by BC Partners in a £382m deal including debt. Mergermarket provides financial news, intelligence and analysis to a range of firms.
Thames defers tax as it invests £10bn
Thames Water is expecting to defer corporation tax for the next decade as it looks to invest £1bn a year on updating its pipes and sewerage system. The UK’s biggest water company saw half-yearly profits rise 19 per cent to £134m.
Netherlands loses triple-A rating
A downbeat view on the Netherlands’ growth prospects has prompted Standard & Poor’s to downgrade its credit rating from a top triple-A score to AA-plus.
Blackwell poised to take chair at Lloyds
Lord Blackwell, a former Downing Street adviser to John Major and Margaret Thatcher, is set to become the next chairman of state-backed Lloyds Banking Group.
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Man to be beheaded in Saudi Arabia after ripping up a Koran and hitting it with his shoe
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory