Today's letter from the Editor
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Senior Accounts Assistan...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
The Business Matrix: Saturday 30 November 2013
Pearson to sell Mergermarket
Textbooks publisher and media group Pearson has agreed the sale of Mergermarket to funds advised by BC Partners in a £382m deal including debt. Mergermarket provides financial news, intelligence and analysis to a range of firms.
Thames defers tax as it invests £10bn
Thames Water is expecting to defer corporation tax for the next decade as it looks to invest £1bn a year on updating its pipes and sewerage system. The UK’s biggest water company saw half-yearly profits rise 19 per cent to £134m.
Netherlands loses triple-A rating
A downbeat view on the Netherlands’ growth prospects has prompted Standard & Poor’s to downgrade its credit rating from a top triple-A score to AA-plus.
Blackwell poised to take chair at Lloyds
Lord Blackwell, a former Downing Street adviser to John Major and Margaret Thatcher, is set to become the next chairman of state-backed Lloyds Banking Group.
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years