Today's letter from the Editor
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Domestic Service Only Engineers are requ...
£23600 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Employability Service withi...
Page 3 Profile: Jonny Mitchell, Headmaster
Isn’t he the headteacher off the telly?
He is, the no-nonsense headmaster of Thornhill Community Academy, an unlikely star of fly-on-the-wall documentary Educating Yorkshire. He’s allowed Channel 4’s cameras into his school to take a peek at the highs and lows of life at the Dewsbury-based academy. With an eclectic set of interests, from 1980s pop to cryptic crosswords, he’s a joy to watch. Oh, and quite a hit with the ladies?
You mean he’s a heart-throb?
Got it in one. The second episode only aired last week and he’s already had dozens of marriage proposals, he says. Some of whom call him a TILF (work it out). Heat magazine even asked him up to see if he’d be their pin-up. “I’m sure the people saying it are all 55 and greying and haven’t got their own teeth,” the 41-year-old told The Sunday Telegraph. “I’m a portly, almost middle-aged, balding geek. It’s got to have something to do with my authority.”
Is he available then?
He’s off-limits, happily married with three kids, so hands off. Though not everyone has been so complimentary. Some viewers took issue with how he disciplined Jac-Henry, a studious boy who lashed out at cool kid Georgia’s relentless teasing.
When can I see him in action?
You can catch his tough, hands-on approach and quirky sense of humour on Channel 4 at 9pm on Thursdays.
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats