Today's letter from the Editor
£23000 - £26000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£110 - £150 per day: Randstad Education Preston: English/Maths Teacher require...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Nursery Assistant and Nursery nurse...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel your sales role is l...
Page 3 Profile: André 3000, musician turned actor
Say hello to Hendrix 2.0; played by André 3000 in new biopic All Is By My Side.
He’s the spitting image.
And, from the first clips to make their way online, he’s got the voice down, too. Shame we won’t be hearing any of his distinctive licks, though …
Well, the rights to all of the guitar supremo’s music are held by Experience Hendrix LLC, a company owned by Jimi’s sister, Janie. She refused to endorse the project, leaving producers no choice but to use covers instead.
A music biopic ... with no music?
Don’t worry, with André onside, the soundtrack will not disappoint. As one half of rap outfit OutKast, he gained international acclaim with hits such as “Hey Ya!” and “So Fresh, So Clean”. Hailing from Atlanta, he’s a major player in the city that’s dubbed the capital of the South.
And what can we see in the clip?
André 3000 being rather charming over a drink with British actress Imogen Poots, who plays Linda Keith. She was the girlfriend of Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards, and was “mesmerised” by Hendrix’s guitar-playing.
Oh, the Sixties…
While details of whether the two were romantically involved are hazy, Keith was present at many of the crucial junctures in Hendrix’s life. It was at her New York City apartment that he first took LSD, and she was the driving force in bringing him to London. It was in a hotel in the capital that he died in September 1970, while intoxicated with barbiturates.
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'