Today's letter from the Editor
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...
Page 3 Profile: Carrie Fisher, actress who played Princess Leia
Bagel buns at the ready!
The woman who brought a hairstyle that indeed resembled a pair of bread rolls attached to her ears to the original Star Wars trilogy has confirmed she will reprise the role in upcoming films. The 56-year-old actress told Palm Beach Illustrated her character would likely reside “in an intergalactic old folks' home,” adding “she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle”. The bagel buns and the bikini could make a return as she “probably has Sundowner's syndrome: she thinks she's 20-something at sundown”.
Is she ready for such a big project?
Fisher has been working regularly on TV comedies but has struggled with drug addiction and bipolar disorder for decades. She admitted taking cocaine on the set of The Empire Strikes Back, saying: “I didn't even like coke, it was just a case of getting on whatever train I needed to take to get high.” In 2006, she said she took various prescription drugs to keep her depression at bay, and underwent regular sessions of electroconvulsive therapy. Her friend Stephen Fry described her as “not mad enough to be committed, but not sane enough to lead much of a normal life.”
Could we be heading for an Apocalypse Now-style shoot?
Disney, who purchased Lucasfilm last year, is unlikely to tolerate any nonsense, especially as they're expecting a first instalment of the JJ Abrams-directed trilogy in 2015. Fisher could meet an old colleague on set. Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker, recently said he discussed the original cast's return with George Lucas.
- 1 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 3 Scottish referendum 'English question': Tory MPs call on David Cameron to create an English first minister in wake of No vote
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster