Today's letter from the Editor
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Senior Digital Marketing Cons...
£16640 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Assistant Stores Keeper is r...
£16000 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an excellent opportunit...
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Developer required to join a bu...
Page 3 Profile: Chris Tarrant, quiz show presenter
For £500, which famous game show host has announced his retirement?
Is it a) Chris Tarrant, the long standing presenter of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
Is that your final answer?
Yes. At 67 Tarrant has decided to hang up his quiz master’s hat after presenting the ITV show since it launch in 1998. He even used one of his catch phrases – “It’s time to take a break”– in his announcement yesterday:
You’re doing well, but hadn’t the show already finished?
It’s true they weren’t making quite the number of episodes they did in the early noughties, when the show was at its peak, but there were still a few episodes filmed each year – mostly celebrity specials.
So what will happen now? Isn’t Tarrant pretty important?
Indeed, having been the show’s only presenter, he is just as famous as the format, and as such ITV has said that, beyond those already scheduled, there are no plans for any further shows now that Tarrant has jumped ship.
Other than the coughing cheats, who has actually won the top prize?
There have been five jackpot winners, the last one in 2006.
Can I take the money and run yet?
- 1 Lucy Hawking: Stephen Hawking's daughter writes impassioned open letter to Katie Hopkins about rights of disabled people
- 2 #NotGuilty: Second Oxford student writes of brutal rape by two men who then threw her in a bin as part of campaign against victim blaming
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 Oxygen-starved 'dead zones' with no marine life up to 100-miles long discovered in the Atlantic Ocean
- 5 How the language you speak changes your view of the world