Today's letter from the Editor
£26500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is going through a period o...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's fastest growing, multi...
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: First things first - for the av...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An experienced creative web and...
Page 3 Profile: Chris Tarrant, quiz show presenter
For £500, which famous game show host has announced his retirement?
Is it a) Chris Tarrant, the long standing presenter of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
Is that your final answer?
Yes. At 67 Tarrant has decided to hang up his quiz master’s hat after presenting the ITV show since it launch in 1998. He even used one of his catch phrases – “It’s time to take a break”– in his announcement yesterday:
You’re doing well, but hadn’t the show already finished?
It’s true they weren’t making quite the number of episodes they did in the early noughties, when the show was at its peak, but there were still a few episodes filmed each year – mostly celebrity specials.
So what will happen now? Isn’t Tarrant pretty important?
Indeed, having been the show’s only presenter, he is just as famous as the format, and as such ITV has said that, beyond those already scheduled, there are no plans for any further shows now that Tarrant has jumped ship.
Other than the coughing cheats, who has actually won the top prize?
There have been five jackpot winners, the last one in 2006.
Can I take the money and run yet?
- 1 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 2 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the 'demon drink' - latest news
- 3 Ayyan Ali: Pakistan's top model now appears in the courtroom rather than on the catwalk
- 4 Fifa corruption: Europe plots to stage an 'alternative World Cup' in place of Russia 2018
- 5 Jaden Smith wears gender fluid dress to high school prom with Hunger Games actress