Today's letter from the Editor
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CHESHIRE MARKET TOWN - An exciting and rare o...
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE - SENIOR POSITION - An exciti...
£29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Gas Installation Engineer is required ...
£28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Domestic Gas Technical Surveyor is req...
Page 3 Profile: Emilia Clarke aka daenerys Targaryen
Clothed? I almost didn’t recognise her.
Emilia Clarke, who plays the silver-haired Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones, has performed more nude scenes in three series of the fantasy TV show than most actresses do in a lifetime. But rumour has it that Clarke may have had enough.
Co-star Oona Chaplin, who plays Talisa Maegyr, told The Telegraph that one of the women on the show who “got her kit off the most in the first couple of seasons, now doesn’t at all because she said, ‘I want to be known for my acting not for my breasts’.”
Clarke has not confirmed the claims, though in the current season of the show she has at least been allowed to wear something approaching a garment. Still, the rest of the female cast regularly have to bare all.
Is this a bit sexist?
The men aren’t exempt from the show’s racy plotlines, and many of the women in Game of Thrones are powerful decision makers who don’t rely on men. However, Equity, the actors’ union, has expressed concern at how many of its members are being asked to go nude in casting sessions. “We have a duty to promote a safe and healthy working environment,” said women’s committee member Eleanor Dearle,
Could we see a rebellion on the set of Thrones?
Perhaps not. Last year, Natalia Tena (Osha) said she was completely comfortable with the nudity on-set.
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 4 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school