Today's letter from the Editor
£27500 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£19500 - £23500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Experienced B2B Telemarketer wa...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This global company are looking for two Showro...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This publishing company based i...
Page 3 Profile: Gloria De Piero, politician
Another politician? Surely another scandal of such…
Nope. With women dramatically underepresented in parliament, Labour’s shadow Minister for Women and Equalities has shed some light on how she got where she is today.
Tell us, then. Friends in high places? A spot of nepotism?
Hardly. From humble beginnings, De Piero is the absolute antithesis. Raised in Bradford, Yorkshire, the 41-year-old has described how growing up on benefits was “a miserable life”.
So what was her solution?
De Piero posed for topless photos when she was just 15, hoping she could create a better life for herself. “It was the era of Page 3,” she says in an interview with Red magazine. “You know, Samantha Fox, Linda Lusardi… All those women seemed to have a better life than me.”
And did it work?
No. De Piero later worked as a researcher before becoming a political correspondent and news reader for GMTV. She was selected by the local Labour Party to replace Geoff Hoon in Ashfield. She has been talked about as a potential Labour leader, but insists she is not in the running.
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 3 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 4 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 5 Man jumps into bear pen at zoo, fights bear and loses