Today's letter from the Editor
£20000 - £25000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£40000 - £45000 Per Annum + benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Project...
£20 - £25 per hour: Randstad Education Cheshire: randstad education are curren...
£400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Central Lon...
Page 3 Profile: Jacob Lew, US treasury secretary nominee
The man to replace Tim Geithner?
Jacob "Jack" Lew is President Obama's nominee for Treasury Secretary and faces a tough first few weeks in the job with political wrangling over the amount the Government can borrow. But so far all the talk seems to be about the unwieldy nature of his signature.
It's hardly a model of clarity
The eight-looped (some say seven, preferring to see the first as a soft "J") signature has been described by New York Magazine as a "slinky that's lost its spring". Handwriting experts said it could mean he's a man who keeps his cards close to his chest or is simply soft and cuddly.
Professional graphologist Kathi McKnight said there were similarities between Mr Lew's handwriting and the script of Princess Diana. "Well, Princess Di had very loopy writing," she told The Washington Post, adding: "People with illegible signatures… like to keep some things private." One commenter suggested it could be a "surrealistic representation of the US economy, circa 2008" .
Surely this is not a matter of national importance?
Well, Mr Lew's scrawl would appear on every dollar banknote, so his current signature won't delight the US Bureau of Engraving and Printing. Mr Lew's predecessor, Tim Geithner, reformed his own autograph for this very reason.
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair