Today's letter from the Editor
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...
Page 3 Profile: Jennifer Lawrence, Actress
A deserving Oscar winner?
Lawrence's performance as an unstable young widow in David O Russell's Silver Linings Playbook bagged the 22-year-old actress her first Academy Award. It was her second nomination for Best Actress (she lost to Natalie Portman in 2011), and yet despite the heaps of awards she has won, she appears to have remained a normal human being.
I don't believe it...
Like most of the nominated starlets, Lawrence had become visibly thinner in the run-up to the Oscars and she confirmed on the red carpet that she was "starving". When asked to describe her Dior dress, she gestured at the fabric, saying: "Like, this is the top, and this is the bottom." As she ascended the stairs to collect her award, she tripped over and earned a standing ovation and in the press room afterwards she flipped a middle finger at the cameraman and recoiled in horror at a lecherous Jack Nicholson. Her ability to cut through the usual Hollywood nonsense has garnered her a substantial fanbase. She is seen as relatable: at the last Oscars ceremony she attended she joked that she was banned from eating linguine by her publicist because "there's only so much Spanx can do".
A flash in the pan?
Not so. Lawrence takes the lead in Serena, a movie featuring her Silver Linings co-star Bradley Cooper, in September. Two months later she will embark on a promo tour for the Hunger Games sequel, for which she is said to have earned $10m. Then there's a new David O Russell project about an FBI sting operation, and the new X-Men film.
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it