Today's letter from the Editor
£32000 - £35000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based o...
£40000 - £43000 Per Annum plus company bonus: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000: SThree: Computer Futures has been est...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...
Page 3 Profile: Jennifer Lawrence, Actress
A deserving Oscar winner?
Lawrence's performance as an unstable young widow in David O Russell's Silver Linings Playbook bagged the 22-year-old actress her first Academy Award. It was her second nomination for Best Actress (she lost to Natalie Portman in 2011), and yet despite the heaps of awards she has won, she appears to have remained a normal human being.
I don't believe it...
Like most of the nominated starlets, Lawrence had become visibly thinner in the run-up to the Oscars and she confirmed on the red carpet that she was "starving". When asked to describe her Dior dress, she gestured at the fabric, saying: "Like, this is the top, and this is the bottom." As she ascended the stairs to collect her award, she tripped over and earned a standing ovation and in the press room afterwards she flipped a middle finger at the cameraman and recoiled in horror at a lecherous Jack Nicholson. Her ability to cut through the usual Hollywood nonsense has garnered her a substantial fanbase. She is seen as relatable: at the last Oscars ceremony she attended she joked that she was banned from eating linguine by her publicist because "there's only so much Spanx can do".
A flash in the pan?
Not so. Lawrence takes the lead in Serena, a movie featuring her Silver Linings co-star Bradley Cooper, in September. Two months later she will embark on a promo tour for the Hunger Games sequel, for which she is said to have earned $10m. Then there's a new David O Russell project about an FBI sting operation, and the new X-Men film.
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist