Today's letter from the Editor
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...
Page 3 Profile: Juliette Binoche, Actress
Un nouveau film?
Binoche, an arthouse darling, appeared in Cosmopolis alongside Robert Pattinson earlier this year. True to form, she's also filmed a couple of movies that aren't likely to see a wide release. But from tonight, the Parisian actress will take the lead in a new production of August Stringberg's 1888 play, Miss Julie. It's at the suitably highfalutin Barbican in London, and it's entirely in French.
Sacré bleu! Mais pourquoi?
If your grasp of French only extends to "Le bill, s'il vous plaît" – or the foolproof method of shouting English at volumes "loud" and "louder" – it could prove difficult. It's 120 full-on minutes of French without interval (no glace à la vanille for you). Thankfully, there are surtitles, and if you're not that into reading you can marvel at the costumes, designed by Lanvin's Alber Elbaz.
What a relief! And what's it about?
Mademoiselle Julie is about an upper-class woman who dares to fall in love with a servant, but this new production takes place in the present day. In other words, it's perfect Binoche fodder. But beware, her last theatre role in Britain, in dance show In-I, got a pasting from critics.
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark