Today's letter from the Editor
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: My client is an excellent, large partially ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£100 - £150 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Year 3 Teacher Birmingham Jan 2015...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Lead Web Develo...
Page 3 Profile: Kieron Williamson, child artist
A prodigy? Paint me a picture…
Kieron, aged just 11, is a venerated member of the international art scene. He began drawing on a family holiday in Cornwall at five when, inspired by the boats in harbour, he set about drawing the scenery.
But he specialises in abstract scribbles and potato prints, right?
Wrong. Kieron, of Ludham, Norfolk, has an extremely sophisticated understanding of perspective and shading – so much so that he was dubbed the “Mini Monet”. He shuns poster paints in favour of good-quality adult art materials and his preferred medium is watercolour, though he also experiments with acrylic and oils.
And how much might one of his compositions set me back?
His first collection of 19 paintings sold for £14,000 at auction in 2006, when he was nine. Last year his total sales exceeded £1.5m, with one exhibition fetching £250,000 in 20 minutes. His landscapes sell for up to £35,000 each.
That’s a lot of cash…
Fortunately, Kieron has lawyers to manage his earnings. However, his parents Michelle and Keith are emphatic that they are not the pushy types one might assume: “We have to say no to a lot of things to ensure we have a normal life and that Kieron still does the same things as other 11-year-old boys,” Michelle said.
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Game of Thrones season 5 trailer: The first full-length look is here
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'