Today's letter from the Editor
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
Page 3 Profile: Natalie Massenet, Net-a-porter founder
The future of British fashion?
While having a successful career as an online-shopping mogul, Natalie Massenet was appointed chairman of the British Fashion Council last week, replacing Harold Tillman, who has had the job for four years. She founded Net-a-Porter (for her) in 2000 and Mr Porter (for him) in 2011. In 2010 she sold her £50m stake in the NET-A-PORTER GROUP but remains Executive Chairman. The 47-year-old style guru is perhaps not so much the future of British fashion as its present. Last year she was described by Vogue as "the woman who brought luxury shopping to the keyboards of the world".
A product of design?
With a journalist father and fashion model mother, Natalie may be the result of her environment. She launched Net-a-Porter, a site for the sartorially elegant and financially fortunate presented in the style of a fashion-house magazine, after working as fashion editor for Tatler. Ten years later it had about two million clients and over 350 designers. And Mr Porter, is quickly catching up. Born in LA, she now lives and works in London, having emigrated to Britain after meeting her husband – in true style – at Notting Hill Carnival in 1997.
Good news for London Fashion Week and the Fashion Council?
Indeed, but that's not to besmirch the legacy of Mr Tillman. The entrepreneur has led the council to make an event which is holding its weight among the other fashion cities of the world
- 1 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 2 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'