Today's letter from the Editor
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Structural Engineer Job...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + 5 weeks holidays & benefits: Ashdown Group: Head o...
£26000 - £27000 per annum + car, pension: Ashdown Group: Learning & Developmen...
Page 3 Profile: Robert Levinson, CIA spy missing in Iran
He does indeed look like he needs help.
Ex-FBI agent Robert Levinson, 64, disappeared during a business trip to the Iranian Island of Kish in March 2007. Since then, a handful of photos like this and one video clip have been posted online. But all was not as it first seemed.
Despite initial claims he went missing while investigating cigarette counterfeiting, an investigation by news agency Associated Press claims he was in fact on an unapproved mission for the CIA. The mission has caused quite a stir. Ten veteran analysts involved in the hiring of Levinson – without the authority to run a spy operation – have been disciplined and the agency has paid Mr Levinson’s family $2.5m (£1.5m) to avoid a lawsuit.
What do his family have to say?
“The US government has failed to make saving this good man’s life the priority it should be,” his family wrote in a statement. The CIA has merely issued this steely statement: “We have no comment on any purported affiliation between Mr Levinson and the US government.”
They claim to have no idea where Mr Levinson is. The photos of Levinson were found to be sent from a phone traced to Afghanistan, while the video was uploaded in Pakistan.
The FBI offered a $1m reward in March last year. Despite this, they have not received any sign Mr Levinson is alive in nearly three years.
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist