Today's letter from the Editor
£7 - £8 per hour: Randstad Education Cheshire: The Job:School Science Technici...
£50 - £60 per day: Randstad Education Preston: Long term SIMS School Administr...
£21000 - £35000 per annum: Randstad Education Cambridge: Nursery assistants re...
£120 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Are you a qualified teache...
Page 3 Profile: Susan Boyle, singer
Acting, too, as it happens. Boyle has a supporting role in The Christmas Candle alongside Lesley Manville and Sylvester McCoy, amongst others, which is out in the UK on Friday. The 52-year-old plays the wife of a church warden in this biblical flick.
A new career path?
Perhaps; she has said she enjoyed the process and there may well be more roles on the cards with a new found confidence following her announcement she has been diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome, after believing she had suffered brain damage at birth.
What does that mean?
Asperger’s is a form of autism which typically means sufferers struggle with their emotions and have difficulty in social situations, often unable to pick up on non-verbal cues. Boyle has had difficulty playing live dates in the past because of anxiety problems which she now believes are as a result of her recently diagnosed condition.
She said: “At school I was pushed aside as if I didn’t matter, while the brighter pupils got all the attention. I was mocked and bullied. As a result, I spent my whole life in a bubble, felt inferior to others and had problems forming proper relationships.”
- 1 Scottish independence results live: Reunited kingdom - Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum
- 2 Scottish referendum results: David Cameron set to unveil major devolution of powers to England
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair