Today's letter from the Editor
£38000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's best performing...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our award-winning client is one...
£15000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Atlas ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity to join established...
Page 3 Profile: Susan Boyle, singer
Acting, too, as it happens. Boyle has a supporting role in The Christmas Candle alongside Lesley Manville and Sylvester McCoy, amongst others, which is out in the UK on Friday. The 52-year-old plays the wife of a church warden in this biblical flick.
A new career path?
Perhaps; she has said she enjoyed the process and there may well be more roles on the cards with a new found confidence following her announcement she has been diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome, after believing she had suffered brain damage at birth.
What does that mean?
Asperger’s is a form of autism which typically means sufferers struggle with their emotions and have difficulty in social situations, often unable to pick up on non-verbal cues. Boyle has had difficulty playing live dates in the past because of anxiety problems which she now believes are as a result of her recently diagnosed condition.
She said: “At school I was pushed aside as if I didn’t matter, while the brighter pupils got all the attention. I was mocked and bullied. As a result, I spent my whole life in a bubble, felt inferior to others and had problems forming proper relationships.”
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 5 Narendra Modi: Indian Prime Minister wears suit with pinstripes that spell his name to meet Barack Obama