Today's letter from the Editor
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...
Page 3 Profile: Susan Boyle, singer
Acting, too, as it happens. Boyle has a supporting role in The Christmas Candle alongside Lesley Manville and Sylvester McCoy, amongst others, which is out in the UK on Friday. The 52-year-old plays the wife of a church warden in this biblical flick.
A new career path?
Perhaps; she has said she enjoyed the process and there may well be more roles on the cards with a new found confidence following her announcement she has been diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome, after believing she had suffered brain damage at birth.
What does that mean?
Asperger’s is a form of autism which typically means sufferers struggle with their emotions and have difficulty in social situations, often unable to pick up on non-verbal cues. Boyle has had difficulty playing live dates in the past because of anxiety problems which she now believes are as a result of her recently diagnosed condition.
She said: “At school I was pushed aside as if I didn’t matter, while the brighter pupils got all the attention. I was mocked and bullied. As a result, I spent my whole life in a bubble, felt inferior to others and had problems forming proper relationships.”
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Northern Lights in the UK: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve