Today's letter from the Editor
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...
Page 3 Profile: Susan Boyle, singer
Acting, too, as it happens. Boyle has a supporting role in The Christmas Candle alongside Lesley Manville and Sylvester McCoy, amongst others, which is out in the UK on Friday. The 52-year-old plays the wife of a church warden in this biblical flick.
A new career path?
Perhaps; she has said she enjoyed the process and there may well be more roles on the cards with a new found confidence following her announcement she has been diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome, after believing she had suffered brain damage at birth.
What does that mean?
Asperger’s is a form of autism which typically means sufferers struggle with their emotions and have difficulty in social situations, often unable to pick up on non-verbal cues. Boyle has had difficulty playing live dates in the past because of anxiety problems which she now believes are as a result of her recently diagnosed condition.
She said: “At school I was pushed aside as if I didn’t matter, while the brighter pupils got all the attention. I was mocked and bullied. As a result, I spent my whole life in a bubble, felt inferior to others and had problems forming proper relationships.”
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition