80 firefighters tackle blaze in Bow high rise flats
Approximately 80 firefighters are tackling a blaze in a block of high rise flats in east London.
The fire began at the building in Bow just before 1.30pm on Sunday, the London Fire Brigade have confirmed.
The blaze broke out on the fifth floor of the residential flats, destroying one apartment completely, and heavy smoke spread up until the 8th floor. 200 people had to be evacuated and one elderly woman was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
Nine people were assisted from flats on floors seven to 10 by breathing apparatus crews.
Firefighters are still at the scene but the blaze is under control.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Of all the computers Apple has ever made there’s only one that Steve Jobs had to sell his car to finance
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough