Everbody's talking about...Leopallooza
The Wyldes, Cornwall
Thursday 26 July 2012
Why is everybody talking about it?A boutique festival in a lush valley near Bude in Cornwall not far from the sea. Eliza Doolittle called it "the cutest festival" when she performed here in 2010. This 4,000 guest festival prides itself on being non-corporate.
Is it worth the hype? Yes, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip (above), Dog is Dead, Bastille and Lucy Rose (also with Bombay Bicycle Club) will perform.
Watch out for The dance tent and roller disco.
July 27th until 29th (www.leopallooza.com)
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help