In The Independent on Sunday
Friday 16 November 2012
Everything matters in The Independent on Sunday. Our package is one big main section, packed with all sorts of goodies, a great sports pull-out, and the brilliant New Review, the best Sunday magazine in the business.
So, unlike our competitors, there’s nothing to pop in the recycling bin unread. For 50p less than either of The Sunday Times or The Observer, The Independent on Sunday is a bouncy, eclectic, enjoyable mix of the serious, the challenging and the amusing, featuring proper investigations, a great team at Westminster, and some fantastic columnists: Janet Street-Porter, Dom Joly, John Rentoul and DJ Taylor, to name just four. There are some great jokes, too, in a package that gives you a good three hours of quality reading.
We like to think we look pretty good too. This year, we won three – THREE – Society of Newspaper Design awards in New York, the gold standard for the industry worldwide. Only one other British national paper featured – and they only won one! We were also shortlisted for Newspaper of the Year at the London Press Club awards, Janet S-P took columnist of the year at the Editorial Intelligence Awards, and reporter Emily Dugan took another top award. Currently, our political editor Jane Merrick and reporter Sarah Morrison are shortlisted for two more prestigious awards. The upsum? We try so much harder than anyone else – and that has to count, doesn’t it?
Follow us on Twitter @IndyonSunday
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Barbarians vs Samoa interrupted by sprinklers as fans criticise lack of Wi-Fi and poor seating at West Ham's Olympic Stadium
- 2 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 3 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper