M&C Saatchi sees record revenues on UK sales
Thursday 20 March 2014
M&C Saatchi has reported record annual revenue and operating profit, fuelled by a 13 per cent jump in UK sales.
Chief executive David Kershaw was upbeat about 2014, saying operating profit should match last year’s growth rate. Recent account wins include a marketing deal for Cristiano Ronaldo’s underwear line.
Kershaw hailed Chancellor George Osborne’s Budget, saying: “It reaffirms people’s feeling that the world is getting better. It gives a little more hope the socialists won’t get back in and screw it all up again.”
M&C Saatchi did not produce the Tories’ “Bingo!” ad, which celebrates Budget cuts in bingo and beer duty but has gone down badly on social media.
Pre-tax profit fell 13 per cent to £8.6 million as the future cost of share options for staff rose, after its shares leapt 80 per cent.
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’