M&C Saatchi sees record revenues on UK sales
Thursday 20 March 2014
M&C Saatchi has reported record annual revenue and operating profit, fuelled by a 13 per cent jump in UK sales.
Chief executive David Kershaw was upbeat about 2014, saying operating profit should match last year’s growth rate. Recent account wins include a marketing deal for Cristiano Ronaldo’s underwear line.
Kershaw hailed Chancellor George Osborne’s Budget, saying: “It reaffirms people’s feeling that the world is getting better. It gives a little more hope the socialists won’t get back in and screw it all up again.”
M&C Saatchi did not produce the Tories’ “Bingo!” ad, which celebrates Budget cuts in bingo and beer duty but has gone down badly on social media.
Pre-tax profit fell 13 per cent to £8.6 million as the future cost of share options for staff rose, after its shares leapt 80 per cent.
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
- 1 The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
- 4 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 5 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermeister and vodka