M&C Saatchi sees record revenues on UK sales
Thursday 20 March 2014
M&C Saatchi has reported record annual revenue and operating profit, fuelled by a 13 per cent jump in UK sales.
Chief executive David Kershaw was upbeat about 2014, saying operating profit should match last year’s growth rate. Recent account wins include a marketing deal for Cristiano Ronaldo’s underwear line.
Kershaw hailed Chancellor George Osborne’s Budget, saying: “It reaffirms people’s feeling that the world is getting better. It gives a little more hope the socialists won’t get back in and screw it all up again.”
M&C Saatchi did not produce the Tories’ “Bingo!” ad, which celebrates Budget cuts in bingo and beer duty but has gone down badly on social media.
Pre-tax profit fell 13 per cent to £8.6 million as the future cost of share options for staff rose, after its shares leapt 80 per cent.
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala