M&C Saatchi sees record revenues on UK sales
Thursday 20 March 2014
M&C Saatchi has reported record annual revenue and operating profit, fuelled by a 13 per cent jump in UK sales.
Chief executive David Kershaw was upbeat about 2014, saying operating profit should match last year’s growth rate. Recent account wins include a marketing deal for Cristiano Ronaldo’s underwear line.
Kershaw hailed Chancellor George Osborne’s Budget, saying: “It reaffirms people’s feeling that the world is getting better. It gives a little more hope the socialists won’t get back in and screw it all up again.”
M&C Saatchi did not produce the Tories’ “Bingo!” ad, which celebrates Budget cuts in bingo and beer duty but has gone down badly on social media.
Pre-tax profit fell 13 per cent to £8.6 million as the future cost of share options for staff rose, after its shares leapt 80 per cent.
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
The open loathing between Barack Obama and Benjamin Netanyahu just got worse
President Putin is a dangerous psychopath - reason is not going to work with him
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Britain's widening poverty gap should be causing outrage at the start of the election campaign
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
- 5 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton