M&C Saatchi sees record revenues on UK sales
Thursday 20 March 2014
M&C Saatchi has reported record annual revenue and operating profit, fuelled by a 13 per cent jump in UK sales.
Chief executive David Kershaw was upbeat about 2014, saying operating profit should match last year’s growth rate. Recent account wins include a marketing deal for Cristiano Ronaldo’s underwear line.
Kershaw hailed Chancellor George Osborne’s Budget, saying: “It reaffirms people’s feeling that the world is getting better. It gives a little more hope the socialists won’t get back in and screw it all up again.”
M&C Saatchi did not produce the Tories’ “Bingo!” ad, which celebrates Budget cuts in bingo and beer duty but has gone down badly on social media.
Pre-tax profit fell 13 per cent to £8.6 million as the future cost of share options for staff rose, after its shares leapt 80 per cent.
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
- 2 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe the Stark may have a twin sister
- 3 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 4 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 5 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine