Muammar Gaddafi aide, Ahmed Qaddaf al-Dam, is held in Cairo raid
Tuesday 19 March 2013
A close aide of the former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi was arrested today after a siege at his Cairo home.
Ahmed Qaddaf al-Dam surrendered to security forces after shots were fired. An intelligence official under Gaddafi, Qaddaf al-Dam is among dozens wanted for their role in Libya’s 2011 civil war.
Police surrounded his home in the affluent Zamalek neighbourhood before dawn. Gunshots were heard during the siege but it was unclear who fired at whom.
Kirstie Allsopp has waded into the female fertility debate again
Gillian Anderson lays into gender disparity in Hollywood
The Sistine Chapel is set to be illuminated with thousands of LEDs
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Former Tory donor Arron Banks ups his Ukip donation to £1million following William Hague 'nobody' comment
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >