Muammar Gaddafi aide, Ahmed Qaddaf al-Dam, is held in Cairo raid
Tuesday 19 March 2013
A close aide of the former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi was arrested today after a siege at his Cairo home.
Ahmed Qaddaf al-Dam surrendered to security forces after shots were fired. An intelligence official under Gaddafi, Qaddaf al-Dam is among dozens wanted for their role in Libya’s 2011 civil war.
Police surrounded his home in the affluent Zamalek neighbourhood before dawn. Gunshots were heard during the siege but it was unclear who fired at whom.
Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry
Shock poll shows voters believe Ukip is to the left of the Tories
Nigel Farage's approval rating hits 'record low' as popularity suffers in wake of Ukip sex scandal
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Ukip candidate jokes about 'shooting peasants' in racist and homophobic rant
Pakistan school attack live: Taliban kill at least 132 children in 'horrifying' massacre
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more