Muammar Gaddafi aide, Ahmed Qaddaf al-Dam, is held in Cairo raid
Tuesday 19 March 2013
A close aide of the former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi was arrested today after a siege at his Cairo home.
Ahmed Qaddaf al-Dam surrendered to security forces after shots were fired. An intelligence official under Gaddafi, Qaddaf al-Dam is among dozens wanted for their role in Libya’s 2011 civil war.
Police surrounded his home in the affluent Zamalek neighbourhood before dawn. Gunshots were heard during the siege but it was unclear who fired at whom.
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Now diplomacy has failed, boycotting Israel might be the only way we can protect the people of Gaza
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Kelsey Grammer forgives the man who raped and murdered his sister in 1975
- < Previous
- Next >