Noel Gallagher: 'I do like The X Factor, for my sins'
Oasis star backs Christopher Maloney and James Arthur
Noel Gallagher has given support for The X Factor contestants Chris Maloney and James Arthur ahead of this weekend’s final.
Gallagher told The Mirror: “I’ve been watching X Factor and I wouldn’t mind seeing the Scouser [Maloney] win, because it’d be great to watch him have a nervous breakdown.”
His comment follows rumours that if cruise singer Maloney wins he will ruin the show’s credibility and kill the prospect of a 10th series next year.
Gallagher added: “But I also think James Arthur should win. That lad’s the best out of them all…I do like the X Factor, I’ve got to say, for my sins.”
The Oasis star’s positive comments come as a surprise, given his previous disparaging views about The X Factor.
Last year he told Digital Spy: “The groups are f***ing appalling, they really are f***ing dreadful!”
And in 2008 he said: “If somebody is dangling this carrot of ‘fame and fortune’ in front of a check-out girl from Barnsley who can sing like Britney Spears then they’re going to go for it.
“But it seems to bring on instant mental illness…You’ve got someone like Dannii Minogue telling you you’re really talented- if there’s one person in the room who wouldn’t know talent if it kicked them in the a*** it’s Dannii Minogue.”
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >