Orlando is the home of some of the world's top water parks, according to figures released April 26 by the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA).
Four of the top ten water parks around the world are in the sunny US state, says TEA, with a further two in South Korea, and one each in China, Australia, Japan and Malaysia.
Walt Disney's Typhoon Lagoon was the most visited park in the world, according to the figures, with 2 million visitors in 2009. Buzzard Beach, another park in Walt Disney World was the second most visited, with 1.89 million visitors, while Chimelong Waterpark in Guangzhou, China took third place with 1.8 million visitors.
The world's most popular water parks
1. Typhoon Lagoon at Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL, USA
2. Blizzard Beach at Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL, USA
3. Chimelong Water Park, Guangzhou, China
4. Aquatica, Orlando, FL, USA
5. Caribbean Bay at Everland Resort, Gyeonggi-Do, South Korea
6. Ocean World, Gangwon-Do, South Korea
7. Wet 'n Wild, Orlando, FL, USA
8. Wet 'n Wild Water World, Gold Coast, Australia
9. Summerland, Tokyo, Japan
10. Sunway Lagoon, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Data from Themed Entertainment Association - http://www.teaconnect.orgReuse content