Record-breaking yachtsman becomes video game character
Friday 04 December 2009
Mike Perham, the British teenager who became a star of solo sailing when at the age of 17 he completed a single-handed circumnavigation of the globe, has been digitized by videogaming giant Electronic Arts and will appear as a downloadable character in
Sims 3: World Adventures.
World Adventures is an expansion pack to the popular Sims 3 game, a "social simulation" game which enables players to create houses, career and social events for various in-game characters.
Whereas gameplay is usually based within one virtual neighborhood, World Adventures adds various world locations, vacations and activities to the core game. EA is keen to bring in real world achievers into the game and Mike Perham follows pop star Pixie Lott who signed up earlier this year.
Mike made a previous record-breaking excursion in 2004 when he completed a solo voyage across the Atlantic Ocean aged 14 years, 9 months, and is currently preparing for the Bounty Boat Expedition in 2010, joining two other adventurers in a recreation of William Bligh's 3,700 nautical mile survivalist journey following the famous Mutiny on the Bounty in 1798.
Mike Perham's website: http://www.challengemike.com/
The Bounty Boat Challenge: http://www.bountyboat.com/
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Man to be beheaded in Saudi Arabia after ripping up a Koran and hitting it with his shoe
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory