Teenager accused of planning repeat Columbine massacre ‘asked teacher’s advice on gun,’ court hears
Thursday 03 October 2013
The science teacher of a teenager accused of planning a repeat of the Columbine massacre told a court the boy asked him which gun he would prefer to be shot with. The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, also asked for advice from the chemistry teacher about making explosives and told him he wanted to “blow up a mosque,” the Old Bailey heard.
The teenager is on trial accused of stockpiling weapons for a terror attack on his former school in Loughborough, Leicestershire, as well as naming his college, a local mosque, a cinema and council offices as potential targets. He denies the charges.
The teacher told the jury his former pupil looked at firearms on the internet while at school and referred to weapons used in the Columbine High School shootings in Colorado, in which 13 innocent people were killed.
“He asked me which gun I would prefer to be shot with. The message, which I took to as an empty threat at the time, was he was considering a shooting.”
The trial continues.
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 New Tricks: Dennis Waterman to leave the show after a decade of crime-solving