Teenager accused of planning repeat Columbine massacre ‘asked teacher’s advice on gun,’ court hears
Thursday 03 October 2013
The science teacher of a teenager accused of planning a repeat of the Columbine massacre told a court the boy asked him which gun he would prefer to be shot with. The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, also asked for advice from the chemistry teacher about making explosives and told him he wanted to “blow up a mosque,” the Old Bailey heard.
The teenager is on trial accused of stockpiling weapons for a terror attack on his former school in Loughborough, Leicestershire, as well as naming his college, a local mosque, a cinema and council offices as potential targets. He denies the charges.
The teacher told the jury his former pupil looked at firearms on the internet while at school and referred to weapons used in the Columbine High School shootings in Colorado, in which 13 innocent people were killed.
“He asked me which gun I would prefer to be shot with. The message, which I took to as an empty threat at the time, was he was considering a shooting.”
The trial continues.
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- < Previous
- Next >