The best gigs
Friday 05 May 2000
Flaming Lips | 12 May 2000
A special event to celebrate 10 years of the City Slang label, with the Oklahoma weird boys supported by Built to Spill and the up-and-coming Wheat. Royal Festival Hall, London SE1 (020-7960 4242)
Bottle Rockets | 9 May 2000
Hailing from Festus, Missouri, the Bottle Rockets 'party like itÃ¿s 1972' with their down-home, loud and humorous take on good-time rock. Borderline, London W1 (020-7734 2095)
Common | 10 - 11 May 2000
One of hip-hopÃ¿s most profound lyricists brings his brand of consciousness to the UK for two nights only, to promote his acclaimed Like Water for Chocolate album. Jazz Caf?, London NW1 (020-7344 0044)
The Clint Boon Experience! | 12 May 2000
The great Northern showman is back with his space opera pop that somehow never fails to land huge grins on the faces of all in attendance. LA2, London W1 (020-7434 0403)
Ricky Martin | 12 May 2000
The first of two nights for the bilingual superstar, keen to up his profile after the initial burst of glory following the success of 'Livin La Vida Loca'. Earls Court, London SW5 (020-7373 8141)
Sales of the tablet are set to fall again say analysts
World's most lethal spider found under a bunch of bananas
Rumours that the star wants to move on to pastures new
Comedian says he 'never laughed as hard as I have writing with Rik'
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientists who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 3 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 4 Meet Thea, Norway's 12-year-old child bride
- 5 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans