The IoS Appeal
Sunday 27 November 2011
The Independent on Sunday Christmas Appeal is for the national domestic violence charity Refuge. One woman in four will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. Every week in England and Wales, up to two women are killed by a current or former partner, and a further thirty women a day will attempt suicide to escape the abuse.
Just £10 can pay for an hour-long activity session for a group of children living in a refuge. £30 can enable an independent domestic violence advocate to work with a woman to create a plan to keep her safe. £100 can fund a local support group session for ten women who have experienced domestic violence.
To make a donation CLICK HERE
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men