The IoS Appeal
Sunday 27 November 2011
The Independent on Sunday Christmas Appeal is for the national domestic violence charity Refuge. One woman in four will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. Every week in England and Wales, up to two women are killed by a current or former partner, and a further thirty women a day will attempt suicide to escape the abuse.
Just £10 can pay for an hour-long activity session for a group of children living in a refuge. £30 can enable an independent domestic violence advocate to work with a woman to create a plan to keep her safe. £100 can fund a local support group session for ten women who have experienced domestic violence.
To make a donation CLICK HERE
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Thriller is set in the secret world of British espionage
Bomber jacket worn by Mary Berry sells out within an hour
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 2 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Cocaine and cannabis haul hidden in Vatican car seized by French police