The IoS Appeal
Sunday 27 November 2011
The Independent on Sunday Christmas Appeal is for the national domestic violence charity Refuge. One woman in four will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. Every week in England and Wales, up to two women are killed by a current or former partner, and a further thirty women a day will attempt suicide to escape the abuse.
Just £10 can pay for an hour-long activity session for a group of children living in a refuge. £30 can enable an independent domestic violence advocate to work with a woman to create a plan to keep her safe. £100 can fund a local support group session for ten women who have experienced domestic violence.
To make a donation CLICK HERE
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 San Francisco TV news crew attacked by armed robbers during live broadcast
- 4 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
- 5 Miami defendant sobs in court as he realises he and the judge attended the same school