The IoS Appeal
Sunday 27 November 2011
The Independent on Sunday Christmas Appeal is for the national domestic violence charity Refuge. One woman in four will experience domestic violence in her lifetime. Every week in England and Wales, up to two women are killed by a current or former partner, and a further thirty women a day will attempt suicide to escape the abuse.
Just £10 can pay for an hour-long activity session for a group of children living in a refuge. £30 can enable an independent domestic violence advocate to work with a woman to create a plan to keep her safe. £100 can fund a local support group session for ten women who have experienced domestic violence.
To make a donation CLICK HERE
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Northern Lights in the UK: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve