Wines Of The Week
Saturday 08 April 2000
White 1999 Firefinch Sauvignon Blanc, £3.99, selected Tesco stores
Springfield Estate at Robertson in the Cape has already developed a reputation for fine, aromatic sauvignon. Now, fresh from the new vintage comes this zingily clean, nettle-scented, thoroughly affordable example of the variety, with plenty of flavour and gooseberry fruitiness.
Red 1998 La Palmeria Merlot Reserve, £5.99, selected branches of Waitrose
Like a version of opulent claret from Bordeaux's right bank, this is a lusciously juicy merlot from Vina la Rosa in Chile's Rapel Valley, which has softened with a little age in cask and bottle into a wine of full blackcurrant and berry-fruit flavour.
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >