AN EYE ON... exotic birds
Thursday 09 October 1997
Parrot 2: Brian and Michelle Hewson of South Shields have put their pet parrot Dexter up for sale because it squawks whenever Brian approaches. "Apparently male parrots tend to prefer female humans because they've got softer voices," Michelle explained. "He goes berserk whenever Brian goes towards him."
Turkey: Security staff at a cinema in Palmerston North, New Zealand, were surprised to meet a turkey when they were called to deal with a problem on the escalator last week. The bird had wandered into the complex and got its foot caught in the escalator treads. They caught it and stuffed it into a rubbish sack. It is now being looked after by an animal care organisation.
Life & Style blogs
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
- 2 The nine most warmongering countries in the world revealed
- 3 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This provider of designer kitch...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: The infrastructure, support services and const...
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...