An Eye On... vital statistics
Thursday 02 October 1997
5% of nuisance phone calls are from heavy breathers
23% of men whose parents had divorced fathered a child by the time they were 22 (compared with 13 per cent of men from two-parent families)
25% of women whose parents had separated became teenage mothers (compared with 14 per cent of women from two-parent families)
28% of women snore
55% of 35- to 45-year-olds would prefer to work shorter hours than earn more money.
62% of people aged 35 to 45 are having more fun than they expected when they were in their twenties.
66% of local authorities report that loud music is the major cause of complaints.
92% of men who have had a vasectomy would recommend it to their friends.
Life & Style blogs
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 3 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A reputable organisation within the leisure i...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£96000 - £200000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Looking for a better earning p...
£32000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A rapidly expanding company in ...