Saturday 28 February 1998
TOMORROW: Births: Frederic-Francois (Fryderyk Franciszek) Chopin, composer, 1810; Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin, architect, 1812; James David Graham Niven, actor, 1910. Deaths: Thomas Campion, poet and composer, 1620; George Herbert, clergyman and poet, 1633; Gabriele D'Annunzio, poet, politician and playwright, 1938. On this day: Vasco da Gama discovered Mozambique, 1498. Tomorrow is the Feast Day of St Aubin or Albinus of Angers, St David or Dewi, St Felix III, Pope, St Rudesind or Rosendo and St Swithbert.
Life & Style blogs
YouTube star Loey Lane hits back at hateful comments about ‘fat girls in bikinis’ and how plus-size women promote obesity
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
The age of inactivity: How laziness is killing us
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
iPhone 7: Force Touch phones are being prepared for launch, say reports
The moment a Queen's Guard soldier lost it and drew his gun at annoying tourist
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Extend Right To Buy to tenants of private landlords, Labour's Jeremy Corbyn says
David Cameron struck double blow in his hopes to win Britain a new EU deal
Pentagon accuses Russia of 'playing with fire' over nuclear threats towards Nato
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: First things first - for the av...
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Compliance Manager is require...
£15500 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This international company deve...
£16000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established name in IT Ser...