Bargain Hunter: Deal of the week
Saturday 13 February 1999
WE ALL like to receive something for nothing. So here's one special offer.
Equitable Life will be launching its new Individual Savings Account (ISA) on 6 April. The account, offered through its unit trust subsidiary, is a fund which tracks the UK All-Share index. Normally, such accounts levy an annual charge of up to 1 per cent, but Equitable says you can hold your money free for a year. It will then charge 1 per cent. This is cheap, but not brilliant: Legal & General charges 0.5 per cent in annual fees. The answer is to invest with Equitable Life in year one and then switch to Legal & General. Call 0171-606 6611.
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassing leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client, a FTSE 100 organisation are u...
£300 - £350 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...
£33000 per annum + pension, 25 days holiday: Ashdown Group: A highly successfu...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + pension, 25 days holiday: Ashdown Group: A highly ...