This Monday, No7 will be celebrating its 70th birthday. Since the high- street chemist launched its own brand of make-up in 1935 it has been re- invented eight times, and the latest changes include new packaging, logos and uniforms for the No7 assistants, while 60 per cent of products have been given completely new formulations.
"It's a really trusted and `local' brand," says No7 creative director Lisa Eldridge, "Everybody's got a story about it. I remember saving up for a No7 cleanser when I was 14. It was in a beautiful glass jar, and when I got out into the street, I dropped it and it smashed. I burst into tears." With the arrival of import upstarts like Stila and Hard Candy in the last decade, Boots no longer has a monopoly on teen-appeal. However, No7 remains, schoolgirl vamps will be pleased to note, a reliable source for the most effective and lengthening black mascara, Full Impact Mascara (pounds 10), which is worth blowing your pocket money on, even after all these years.
Life & Style blogs
In defence of liberal democracy
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
Andy McSmith's Sketch: Feisty audience is the real star of an enlightening show
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 5 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil
£13676.46 - £16411.61 per annum + OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment Cons...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + training: Ashdown Group: Business and Marketing Gr...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Are you great at building rela...
£20000 - £22000 per annum + excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Sup...