'Best break' Facebook competitions from Kit Kat help move the brand into the top ten in this week's charts, while PlayStation continue growing thanks to Christmas advertising and early holiday gift offers.
This week's top Facebook brand ranking includes one new entry - chocolate bar brand Kit Kat. Famous for its 'Have a break, have a Kit Kat' slogan the brand is offering fans the chance to become 'fan of the month' by uploading a video of their various relaxing moments, 'the bets break of 2010' or their 'fantasy break' for example.
This competition in combination with the advertising campaign around the brands 75th birthday has led to fans flocking to the brands' Facebook page. 20,000 new users 'liked' the brand on December 15, as of 12:00 GMT on December 16 Kit Kat has attracted nearly a further 2,000 unique likes and jumped straight to number 8 in the daily fan charts.
PlayStation continues to gain in popularity gaining over 43,000 fans on December 15, and a nearly a further 3000 on December 16, however its rival Xbox, number ten in last week's charts has dropped out of the top ten. PlayStation's continued popularity is most likely due to the brands recent offers of 'early holiday gifts' such as free downloads and other bonuses via its Facebook site.
As of Thursday, December 16, the ten biggest product brands on Facebook in terms of "fans today" (with (+ /-) indicating a change from last week's position), according to fanpagelist.com* were:
1. YouTube (+5,304 fans today) new entry due to re-classification
2. Coca-Cola (+3,296 fans today) -1
3. PlayStation (+2,714 fans today) -1
4. Converse All Star ( +2,652 fans today) -1
5. Disneyland (+2,492 fans today) -1
6. Oreo (+2,486 fans today) re-entry
7. Ferrero Rocher (+1,973 fans today) -3
8. Kit Kat (+1,921 fans today) new entry
9. Skittles (+1,773 fans today) -2
10. iTunes (+1,716 fans today) -4
* Fanpage list provides daily rankings of brand's Facebook fans and twitter followers