Brand's fan trends: Tropolis boosts Pepsi fans, iTunes and Skype big on Twitter
Thursday 30 December 2010
New entry Pepsi tops this week's Facebook charts as iTunes variations appear frequently in Twitter's most followed brands and Skype's recent connectivity problems send it up the Twitter charts.
New entry on the Facebook charts Pepsi shoots straight into the number one spot after attracting over 23,000 new fans per day.
The brand recently announced its intentions to launch a new "drinkable snack" known as Tropolis. According to a December 16 statement on the brand's website, the new drinkable snack will contain no added sugars or sweeteners and "will have mom appeal." Pepsi states that the brand will be launched on limited release in 2011 and if successful the product will be released in markets outside of the USA in 2012. The brand also regularly posts about its Pepsi Refresh project on Facebook. The Refresh project donates money to a variety of worthy causes around the globe each month; more information can be found at www.refresheverything.com.
Sprite - the other new entry on the Facebook charts - debuts in sixth position after attracting over 2,000 fans per day.
Apple services are the most popular in this week's Twitter chart,s with variations of iTunes appearing three times. The appearance of internet calling service Skype in seventh position can most likely be attributed to the brand's recent connectivity issues as Skype users flock to Twitter to find information about service updates or vent their grievances.
Energy drinks brand Red Bull, consistently popular in the Facebook charts, appears in second position in the Twitter listings. The brand is frequently associated with extreme sports and music events and has produced a series of popular commercials featuring these two activities.
As of Thursday, December 23, the ten biggest product brands on Facebook and Twitter in terms of "fans today" and "followers today" (with (+ /-) indicating a change from last week's position), according to fanpagelist.com*, were:
1. Pepsi (+23,469 fans today) new entry
2. YouTube (+5,877 fans today) +1
3. Red Bull (+4,798 fans today) -2
4. Coca-Cola (+3,881 fans today) +3
5. PlayStation (+3,812 fans today) -1
6. Sprite (+2,400 fans today) new entry
7. iTunes (+2,257 fans today) +2
8. Disneyland (+2,249 fans today) -2
9. Skittles (+2,112 fans today) re-entry
10. Converse All Star (+1,952 fans today) re-entry
1. YouTube (+993 followers today)
2. Red Bull (+367 followers today)
3. iTunes (+317 followers today)
4. iTunes Music (+317 followers today)
5. PlayStation (+293 followers today)
6. Adidas Running (+155 followers today)
7. Skype (+140 followers today)
8. Digg 2000 (+76 followers today)
9. Arizona Iced Tea (+51 followers today)
10. iTunes Trailers (+44 followers today)
* Fanpagelist ( http://fanpagelist.com/) provides daily rankings of brands' Facebook fans and Twitter followers.
Emergency call 'started off dumb, but got pretty serious'
Britain First criticised for using actress's memory to draw attention to their 'hate-filled home page'
Thought you'd seen it all after the Jeremy Paxman interview?
Greatest mystery about the hit BBC1 show is how it continues to be made at all, writes Grace Dent
"History is violent," says the US Army tank commander Don "Wardaddy" Collier
Striker's four-month ban for biting an opponent expires on Friday
Argentinian scored 'rabona' wonder goal for Tottenham in Europa League – see it here
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Virus to kill 67,000 in Monrovia by December, claims academic study
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
Ebola: NYC doctor Craig Spencer tests positive for disease after returning from west Africa
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
What do the text messages between you and your partner reveal about your relationship?
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Secondary Geography Teacher - Ja...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Secondary Science Teacher Jan 20...
£24000 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: The Job:Te...