Brand's fan trends: Tropolis boosts Pepsi fans, iTunes and Skype big on Twitter
Thursday 30 December 2010
New entry Pepsi tops this week's Facebook charts as iTunes variations appear frequently in Twitter's most followed brands and Skype's recent connectivity problems send it up the Twitter charts.
New entry on the Facebook charts Pepsi shoots straight into the number one spot after attracting over 23,000 new fans per day.
The brand recently announced its intentions to launch a new "drinkable snack" known as Tropolis. According to a December 16 statement on the brand's website, the new drinkable snack will contain no added sugars or sweeteners and "will have mom appeal." Pepsi states that the brand will be launched on limited release in 2011 and if successful the product will be released in markets outside of the USA in 2012. The brand also regularly posts about its Pepsi Refresh project on Facebook. The Refresh project donates money to a variety of worthy causes around the globe each month; more information can be found at www.refresheverything.com.
Sprite - the other new entry on the Facebook charts - debuts in sixth position after attracting over 2,000 fans per day.
Apple services are the most popular in this week's Twitter chart,s with variations of iTunes appearing three times. The appearance of internet calling service Skype in seventh position can most likely be attributed to the brand's recent connectivity issues as Skype users flock to Twitter to find information about service updates or vent their grievances.
Energy drinks brand Red Bull, consistently popular in the Facebook charts, appears in second position in the Twitter listings. The brand is frequently associated with extreme sports and music events and has produced a series of popular commercials featuring these two activities.
As of Thursday, December 23, the ten biggest product brands on Facebook and Twitter in terms of "fans today" and "followers today" (with (+ /-) indicating a change from last week's position), according to fanpagelist.com*, were:
1. Pepsi (+23,469 fans today) new entry
2. YouTube (+5,877 fans today) +1
3. Red Bull (+4,798 fans today) -2
4. Coca-Cola (+3,881 fans today) +3
5. PlayStation (+3,812 fans today) -1
6. Sprite (+2,400 fans today) new entry
7. iTunes (+2,257 fans today) +2
8. Disneyland (+2,249 fans today) -2
9. Skittles (+2,112 fans today) re-entry
10. Converse All Star (+1,952 fans today) re-entry
1. YouTube (+993 followers today)
2. Red Bull (+367 followers today)
3. iTunes (+317 followers today)
4. iTunes Music (+317 followers today)
5. PlayStation (+293 followers today)
6. Adidas Running (+155 followers today)
7. Skype (+140 followers today)
8. Digg 2000 (+76 followers today)
9. Arizona Iced Tea (+51 followers today)
10. iTunes Trailers (+44 followers today)
* Fanpagelist ( http://fanpagelist.com/) provides daily rankings of brands' Facebook fans and Twitter followers.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
£70000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Information Security Manager (ISO 27001, A...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Integration...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + ex bens: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Biztalk Te...