Brands' fan trends: YouTube tops charts, Dr Pepper and Apple's app store debut
Thursday 27 January 2011
This week's charts were comprised of two new entries, Dr Pepper and Apple's App Store, and several re-entries including Skittles, Red Bull and Coca-Cola.
Video sharing site YouTube climbs to the top of both this week's Facebook and Twitter charts overtaking Coca-Cola and iTunes Trailers in the respective rankings.
Confectionery brand Skittles , games console Xbox , Apple's iTunes and energy drink Red Bull all re-enter this week's Facebook charts and soft drinks brand Dr Pepper makes its debut.
Dr Pepper's Facebook page contains an 'offers' section where the brand highlights special discounts or deals on the soft drink in retailers such as American store Target.
Apple's App Store
, where users of iPhones, iPods and iPads can download add-ons for their device, debuts in the Twitter charts in fourth position. The brand regularly posts information regarding app updates and offers on its Facebook wall.
Games console Xbox fell three places in the Twitter charts, marking the biggest change of position this week.
As of Thursday, January 27, the ten biggest product brands on Facebook and Twitter in terms of "fans today" and "followers today" (with (+ /-) indicating a change from last week's position), according to fanpagelist.com*, were:
01. YouTube (+2,085 fans today) +4
02. Coca-Cola (+935 fans today) -1
03. PlayStation (+737 fans today) +3
04. Skittles (+703 fans today) re-entry
05. Xbox (+675 fans today) re-entry
06. Red Bull (+669 fans today) re-entry
07. iTunes (+599 fans today) re-entry
08. Adobe Photoshop (+457 fans today) -1
09. Disneyland (+392 fans today) no change
10. Dr Pepper (+368 fans today) new entry
01. YouTube (+479 followers today) +1
02. iTunes Trailers (+422 followers today) -1
03. PlayStation (+369 followers today) no change
04. Apple App Store (+221 followers today) new entry
05. iTunes (+122 followers today) -1
06. iTunes Music (+122 followers today) -1
07. Adidas Running (+58 followers today) -1
08. Coca-Cola (+55 followers today) re-entry
09. Digg 2000 (+47 followers today) no change
10. Xbox (+42 followers today) -3
* Fanpagelist ( http://fanpagelist.com/) provides daily rankings of brands' Facebook fans and Twitter followers.
Life & Style blogs
Miley Cyrus' VMA outfits spark copying controversy
Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
Overly-controlling parents cause their children lifelong psychological damage, says study
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 2 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
£22 - £25k basic + Commission=OTE £35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Bathroom Sh...
£21000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This provider of children's ser...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Marketing / Digital Marketing Executive (CRM, Eve...
£16000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Foreign Exchange Dealer is re...