Brands' fan trends: YouTube tops charts, Dr Pepper and Apple's app store debut
Thursday 27 January 2011
This week's charts were comprised of two new entries, Dr Pepper and Apple's App Store, and several re-entries including Skittles, Red Bull and Coca-Cola.
Video sharing site YouTube climbs to the top of both this week's Facebook and Twitter charts overtaking Coca-Cola and iTunes Trailers in the respective rankings.
Confectionery brand Skittles , games console Xbox , Apple's iTunes and energy drink Red Bull all re-enter this week's Facebook charts and soft drinks brand Dr Pepper makes its debut.
Dr Pepper's Facebook page contains an 'offers' section where the brand highlights special discounts or deals on the soft drink in retailers such as American store Target.
Apple's App Store
, where users of iPhones, iPods and iPads can download add-ons for their device, debuts in the Twitter charts in fourth position. The brand regularly posts information regarding app updates and offers on its Facebook wall.
Games console Xbox fell three places in the Twitter charts, marking the biggest change of position this week.
As of Thursday, January 27, the ten biggest product brands on Facebook and Twitter in terms of "fans today" and "followers today" (with (+ /-) indicating a change from last week's position), according to fanpagelist.com*, were:
01. YouTube (+2,085 fans today) +4
02. Coca-Cola (+935 fans today) -1
03. PlayStation (+737 fans today) +3
04. Skittles (+703 fans today) re-entry
05. Xbox (+675 fans today) re-entry
06. Red Bull (+669 fans today) re-entry
07. iTunes (+599 fans today) re-entry
08. Adobe Photoshop (+457 fans today) -1
09. Disneyland (+392 fans today) no change
10. Dr Pepper (+368 fans today) new entry
01. YouTube (+479 followers today) +1
02. iTunes Trailers (+422 followers today) -1
03. PlayStation (+369 followers today) no change
04. Apple App Store (+221 followers today) new entry
05. iTunes (+122 followers today) -1
06. iTunes Music (+122 followers today) -1
07. Adidas Running (+58 followers today) -1
08. Coca-Cola (+55 followers today) re-entry
09. Digg 2000 (+47 followers today) no change
10. Xbox (+42 followers today) -3
* Fanpagelist ( http://fanpagelist.com/) provides daily rankings of brands' Facebook fans and Twitter followers.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...