Can't make it? Fake it
Sunday 23 February 1997
Wall wash lights such as their Visor and Issimo are a simple alternative to recessed ceiling spots. The Visor (pounds 145) is ceiling mounted and will revolve a full 360 degrees. Mounted close to a wall, it will send down a wash of light. It can also be mounted under counters for a more subtle effect.
The Issimo (pounds 145) also gives a wall wash, but is wall mounted and more dramatic: light bleeds out of the top and bottom and perforations give a peppering effect.
More striking still is the Vertebral Uplighter (pounds 172.75). Diachroic lamps fit into each of its louvres, washing their surfaces with light and sending arcing planes across the ceiling.
Box Products are at Unit 2.28, Oxo Tower Wharf, Bargehouse Street, London SE1 9PH, 0171 401 2288
Life & Style blogs
Snapchat removed the Best Friends list feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Fifty years of David Bowie's hairstyles in one animated gif
Virtual reality thrusts viewers into the frontline of global events - and puts film-goers at the heart of the action
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Scandal of doctors who get cash from healthcare firms for patient referrals
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
£14500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Accounts Assistant is immedi...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£60000 per annum: Ashdown Group: SQL DBA (SSIS, ETL) - Central London, £60,000...
£13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Pension Specialist was established ...