Tuesday 03 February 1998
Now then, there are two schools of thought on this one. Either you go see James Cameron's "What do you get if you cross two studios with an iceberg?" blockbuster because you need to see it in order to be able to vote wisely at this season's Oscar parties, or you steer clear. (Something the captain signally failed to do, but hey, it was dark.) Like turning down a sought-after but faintly tacky invitation - a trawl through Keanu Reeves's underwear drawer, for example - avoiding this major motion picture event may become the ultimate politico/fashion statement when you consider its gargantuan worldwide box-office take. Face it, if it's water you want, what's wrong with Esther Williams in Dangerous When Wet? And what's it got over The Poseidon Adventure? At least there we didn't know the ending, it was a hell of a lot shorter, funnier and it starred Shelley Winters. What more could you possibly want?
Life & Style blogs
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
- 1 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
- 2 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 3 Miley Cyrus address Robin Thicke VMA controversy: ‘He wanted me as naked as possible, but I got the heat because I’m a woman’
- 4 iPhone 6s camera: features to include 4K video camera and flash for selfies
- 5 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
£19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This hull based charity providing except...
£9464 - £10396 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The successful applicant will ne...
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...
Unpaid - £4 lunch allowance plus travel to and from work: Barnardo's: Purpose ...