This is going to be Robbie's summer. With a rash of gigs lined up before he heads for Glastonbury - that mythical site where, three summers ago, he did first spatter dung on his squeaky-clean Take That brethren - he is striding like some latterday Prince Hal to claim a crown of fame that actually fits him. The Independent critic who caught a load of his act in Manchester last week summed him up in a phrase that will have stung Gary Barlow with more force than an angry hornet: "The man's a star." The rebirthing period has been long and painful, involving some bad stitch- up jobs carried out by uncaring tabloid hacks, but when Robbie emerged with the ballsy-yet-caring (and surprisingly melodic) debut solo album Life Thru a Lens last year, his nonchalant ability to appeal to all ages, from poster-ogling teenies to mad-for-it grannies, was manifest. Join him tonight as he continues to climb his lucrative learning curve.
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educatio...
£19000 - £24000 per annum + OTE £30k+: Connex Education: Connex Education are ...
£8 per hour: Connex Education: Connex Education are looking to hire a Temporar...