Kafka's Dick, Nottingham Playhouse (0115-941 9419) 7.30pm
Monday 16 February 1998
Sir Tom Stoppard, Sir Alan Ayckbourn, but plain Mr Alan Bennett. Is this because he painted a rather acerbic picture of the Queen (rather marvellously incarnated by Prunella Scales) in Single Spies, his play about Anthony Blunt? Any road up, he's probably too busy to put on a best bib and tucker and spend a day down at Buckingham Palace as he's busy with Talking Heads, a new series of television monologues. Not content with creating more marvels for regulars Thora Hird, Julie Walters, Patricia Routledge and Maggie Smith, he's found two new Bennett soloists: David Haig, and, in what should be a match made in heaven, Penelope Wilton. While waiting for these jewels, why not catch up on Philip Franks' new production of his 1986 play in which the dead Kafka, his larger-than-life father and his publisher suddenly pop up in the suburban home of an insurance agent.
Life & Style blogs
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Air strikes? Talk of God? Barack Obama is following the jihadists’ script after James Foley beheading
- 1 Rice Bucket Challenge: India's take on the Ice Bucket Challenge 'for Indian needs'
- 2 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 Rubble Bucket Challenge: Ice Bucket Challenge adapted in solidarity with Gazans whose homes have been destroyed in conflict
- 5 Teenager dies after suspected ice bucket challenge goes horribly wrong
- < Previous
- Next >
TBC: Test Recruiter for iJobs: Job London (Greater)
£65000 - £75000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based i...
£120 - £180 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: Randstad Education are looki...
£70 - £100 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: School Receptionist - Part ...