Fabulous Christmas gift ideas: Bookworms
Feast your eyes on part one of our ultimate Christmas gift guide: this week, terrific toys for boys and girls, foodie treats, addictive gadgets, literary treasures and much more…
Saturday 26 November 2011
1. Maison Martin Margiela half frame magnifying glass, £70, Bodie & Fou
2. 'The Hare with Amber Eyes', illustrated edition, £14.49, Amazon
3. Vintage bookshelf wallpaper, £70 per roll, Graham & Green
4. 'Bookendings' set of three book stops, £54.95, My Deco
5. Cat page marker clips, £3.50, Liberty
6. Library bag, £12.95, The Literary Gift Company
7. USB typewriter, £698, Anthropologie
8. Pocket ball pen, £240, Yard-o-led
9. 'Recipe for Murder: Frightfully Good Food Inspired by Fiction', £14.95, The Literary Gift Company
10. 'The Sense of an Ending' by Julian Barnes, £6.49, Amazon
11. Rack and roll (toilet roll holder and bookshelf), £39.95, The Literary Gift Company
12. Penguin notebooks set, £6.95, Wild & Wolf
13. Alphabet stationery, from £1.50, Liberty
14. Kobo eReader Touch, £109.99, WH Smith
15. 'Tolstoy: A Russian Life' by Rosamund Bartlett, £14.99, Waterstones
16. Madeleines Marcel Proust candle, £24, The Literary Gift Company
17. 'Yes I'm Actually Reading This' bookmark pad, £5.95, Liberty
18. 'Sense and Sensibility', by Jane Austen, Flipback pocket edition, £9.99, Hodder
Click the links below to view the gift guides
World Beard and Moustache Championships held last week
Life & Style blogs
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
Manuel Noriega fails in bid to sue Call of Duty makers for using his likeness in video game
Sex with more than 20 women 'reduces risk of prostate cancer'
Six months on bail – for being sent spoof video of a ‘tiger’ having sex, that was really a man in a tiger suit
The post-porn wave: why some young people are shunning videos of misogynistic sex
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Nigel Farage and Frankie Boyle clash over Andrew Lawrence's 'Mock the Week' criticism
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Number of global billionaires has doubled since the financial crisis
- 3 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 4 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 5 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
£100 - £125 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: English Teacher - Saffron ...
£90 - £130 per day: Randstad Education Leicester: Primary School Supply Teache...
£21000 - £35000 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Maths Teacher - Saffro...
£18000 - £20400 per annum + Accommodation, Flights, Medical Cover: Randstad Ed...